Monday, 10 February 2014

Bandwagon Hopping

Another weekend has come and gone. 

Friday night, I had dinner with a couple of my friends from high school. It was really nice to catch up because we hadn't seen each other since August. I have no idea how that much time passed! We kicked off the night with a fantastic margarita and feasted on fantastic Mexican Food at a new local hotspot

When we finished dinner, one of my friends had the "brilliant" idea to go to a late night beach volleyball joint. I was a bit nervous because I didn't know how to play. I was supposed to learn the game in ninth grade gym class, but I hated it so much that I don't know if I actually participated. I've changed since then, I promise!

Aside from having no idea how to play the game, it was a lot of fun. I also loved the feeling of the sand on my toes, regardless of how artificial the setting was.

On Saturday, I literally did the exact opposite activity - snow tubing! I find that I usually do one fun winter activity a season. Last year, I went tobogganing and before that was skating. Good times, but I'm still counting down the days until Softball starts.

I wound down my weekend by making homemade macarons with my bestie. I will have to make them again. They were quite simple to make, pretty, and tasty.

Since we're back to work and I'm feeling a bit tired already, I figured that I'd share a dressed up casual outfit. My theory is that a nice jacket will dress up any outfit, no matter how casual it seems.

Oh, this is the first time I've ever worn a graphic tee on the blog (unless this counts). I've only recently decided that I'm really obsessed with the style and dressing it up. I've already bought a few since...so I'm sure you'll see them at some point.











OUTFIT DETAILS:

Jacket - Brand unknown (from a shop in Jerusalem) // Tee - J Crew  // Jeans - Current Elliot
Boots - Miz Mooz // Bag - Roots // Sunglasses - Firmoo

How are you styling your graphic tees?













29 comments:

  1. Haha I was terrible at volleyball in school, but I really liked playing it haha. You must have had lots of fun!

    That said, I am so loving your tee - so cute! And the way you styled it is perfect! Your coat is perfect - cute and warm!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much more fun playing now than I ever did back in gym class. If only I knew back then that it wasn't lame :P

      Delete
  2. This jacket is literally amazing! Looks gorgeous on you!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a lucky find!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Kacie! I could totally see you in a jacket just like it :)

      Delete
  4. These boyfriend jeans are fabulous on you and I love that you paired them with these boots! Such a beautiful and comfy combo!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, homemade macarons sound delicious. Love the graphic tee look!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this look is fantastic! I love that jacket! so dang cute! and I love your hair!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I said on IG, I love this look - one of my favorite things to wear is a graphic tee with a cute jacket/blazer and I love the jacket too! I would be exhausted after your busy weekend. You must take pics next time you make the macarons :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your jacket!
    gorgeous outfit
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice casual look. I like your jacket!

    Lu. www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is nice to catch up with old classmates/friends. I adore your jacket so much.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great!

    http://hiddenndreamms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am obsessed with your outfit and hair!!
    xoxo
    Kendra
    http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. why does that jacket have to be from a place i can't buy one myself??? i love graphic tees, and have been on a kick to buy more lately!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit!
    That jacket is awesome! c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg homemade macaroons! awesome!!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a lovely coat

    xx
    Anna
    Don't forget to join my GIVEAWAY
    A Tale of Two Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this coat--i love unique pieces like that!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, I love that coat!!! And after seeing this outfit, I totally agree with your theory. You look awesome! Also, that volleyball place sounds great, I wish we had something like that where I live!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice post!
    I follow! follow me back? xx
    http://cuteyoungblood.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY For jumping on the Graphic Tee train! They are one of my main obsessions. Love them & J.Crew definitely makes some of the best. That jacket is so cute!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That jacket is everything, im alittle jealous I cant find it myself!
    and dont feel bad, my weekend mostly consisted of staying in doors, but I kinda love those days!
    Have a fab day!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Best jacket ever! So friggin' sweet! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love that jacket! so cool and chic!
    xoxo Vera & Rony
    http://wattwewear.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this outfit! the graphic tee, the boyfriend jeans the oh-so-casual yet pulled together jackets, completely exactly what you were going for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for commenting! I may not reply to each and every comment, but I always read them.

Don't forget to leave a link to your blog and to follow me on Bloglovin', Intsagram and Pinterest so we can keep in touch!