Thursday, 30 January 2014

Take Two

Today, when I was driving home, I noticed the temperature was hovering around the freezing mark. Oddly enough, my first thought was "wow, feels balmy."

Isn't it crazy how relative our perception of weather can be? Normally, I complain that's too cold, but after sitting around -25 or so for much of the month, 0 C (or 32 F) doesn't feel all that bad.

The polarvortex has been a big pain in many ways, but it's really frustrating as a fashion blogger. I'm totally okay with looking like a crazy in the park, snapping photos of myself and all, but I don't think I'm crazy enough to shed my layers when it's that cold. (Kudos, if you do!)

To overcome this frustration, I recently recreated an outfit. Earlier that week, I wore an outfit that I loved and wanted to share, but it was too cold to photograph that day. When it warmed up a bit, I threw the outfit back on and went outside to shoot. Though it was the first time I've "staged" a post, it was a lot better than getting frostbite on my lunch break.












OUTFIT DETAILS:

Dress - Urban Outfitters // Cardigan - Abercrombie // Tights - Joe Fresh (they're really thick!!)
Necklace - Material Girl via The Bay //  Booties - Target

Cold weather bloggers - do you take all of your photos on a "warmer" day, or am I just more of a wimp??


24 comments:

  1. No worries, lots of people stage their posts! :) Love that bag!!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I just never realized that before :)

      Delete
  2. I love the baaaaaag! Where's the bag from? x
    DreamerDreamBigger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dress - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog! just bookmarked it.

    would love you to give some advice on my blog as im trying to make it as good as possible!

    www.stonefoxinterrupted.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute outfit! I give you props for braving the cold...I don't know if I could do it!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not easy, but the longer it's cold out, the easier it becomes because you get "used to it"

      Delete
  6. So adorable - Love all of it and the owl necklace is my favorite since I am a bit obsessed with them :-)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha so funny--I have had to do the same thing a couple of times because of this weather. I will think man I love this outfit I wanna take pics--but I have had to wait until it warms up or worse--take them indoors!! Its 30 degrees here today and I feel like its a heat wave :) Love your outfit!!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so frustrating!! Some days I almost don't want to "waste" a good outfit if it's too cold hahah

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous outfit! For us here it feels like freezing weather yet there's no snow! I want snow! haha!
    Oh, I love how your bag matches the dress and I really like your hair colour too!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never got how people would be walking in the middle of the park in short sleeves for photos, it confuses me! On your outfit, I love the dress. The tiers and colors and prints are all so floaty and springy :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, your dress is amazing! It looks great! And the whole outfit is lovely! :)

    http://daisy-elegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is adorable! I have had the same problem. Outfit pictures are just not goonna happen in negative temperature weather. Sorry! This dress makes me ready for spring!
    -ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the bag!

    x

    Isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I'm one of those nut jobs that's barelegged and without jacket in 20 degree weather. No pain, no gain!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have these same booties and was wondering if they'd pair well with a dress, and you have just convinced me! I love this outfit and will now be in the hunt for a dress as pretty as yours.

    -Nikki
    NCsquared Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute mixed pattern dress! Love the colors! Oh and I need that satchel! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the dress and bag! Very cute!! What lipstick are you wearing? It is such a nice color for these winter months!

    Michelle Wore This

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for commenting! I may not reply to each and every comment, but I always read them.

Don't forget to leave a link to your blog and to follow me on Bloglovin', Intsagram and Pinterest so we can keep in touch!